Sunday, 6 November 2011

lost property finds - flea market find of the year

A special post for Sophie's Flea Market Find of the Year competition! Last week's jadeite bowls were certainly a special find. But I've chosen an item that I came across in the spring, just before I dusted off the blog and started posting regularly.

It's not often I find truely vintage pieces. Amongst the 1970s polyester, I discovered this Fifties cotton dress. It's full of beautiful details, from the buttons to the unusual waistline.


Around the same time, I came across this gorgeous black and purple floral dress. It's 1950s in style, but the design of the label suggests it might date from a decade or two later. No matter, it's a stunner. And I was particularly excited when I found this, because it was on the £1 rail!




I'm off to see what everyone else found!

9 comments:

naughtyshorts! said...

very beautiful...

Marty said...

Those are both beautiful! I especially love the yellow one. Gorgeous.

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

i see beautiful scenes evoked by such handsome vintage dresses...
n♥

Alison said...

That first dress is just devine.

Alison said...

Oops! Shocking spelling, divine, divine, divine.

Mardi said...

Gosh....that is gorgeous....I dream of coming across a dress like that
Mardi

tea with lucy said...

gorgeous!

lost property vintage said...

thanks everyone!

Omi S. and her dog, Bender Oak Cannon said...

While black is one of my favorite colors, I love that first dress. I love vintage dresses, but it's so hard to find ones that look right on my figure (much less fit). That first dress is amazing!