Saturday 29 October 2011

lost property finds

This week I came across one of the best finds I've ever spotted in a charity shop. After a long day, I stopped off in a local town, which I nearly drove straight past. Waiting for me in the last shop, which I nearly didn't go in, were these...


...a set of three jadeite mixing bowls - Fire King no less! I couldn't believe my eyes, and scooped them up straight away. I've never come across Jadeite in the UK before. And best of all, they cost £4.50 for the set (about $7).


I also added to my milk glass collection. I had a flurry of buying milk glass a couple of years ago, but haven't come across any recently. These three all turned up this week.


And finally, a few pieces for the vintage fair.

13 comments:

kit and nancy. said...

love the milk glass and love love love that floral teapot!

Zara said...

Wow you sure were lucky with all those great finds. love the milkglass. x

Bungalowgirl said...

Oh you had a magic milk glass month too, so did I, isn't it just pure joy? Looking forward to following your finds. melx

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Great finds - especially the bowls. I love the teapot too.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I never see milkglass here either - great finds

Laurie said...

Score on the Jadeite!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

What a great score on the bowls! In Canada I've only seen it a handful of times, always in an antique mall, except once.. in Goodwill, but it was chipped.

Cassandra {Sleeping or Sewing} said...

OMG!!! Those bowls are unreal, and at a steal. Great find!

Jenifir said...

Lucky you! I have never seen Jadeite like that but I have bought some milk glass lately.

AmberRose said...

Wednesday I had a man literally elbow me out of the way at a thrift shop to grab one of these jadeite bowls. He knew I had spotted it. I was steamed until I realized how badly he smelled...karma already got him.
I am in Chicago and see milk glass all the time. I am not tempted by it in the least. Is it so rare in England?

Jennie said...

WOW!!
Those bowls and the milk glass really are fabulous!! Excellent finds!

SixBalloons said...

Lucky you! What great finds with the jadeite bowls. Love the floral fabric you use for your backdrop too.

SixBalloons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.