Tuesday 28 June 2011

the kitschy menagerie

Just a few little finds this week. I have a weekness for these kitsch little creatures, and at just 10p each there was no way I could leave them behind. The deer I found a couple of years ago remain my favourite, but these are welcome additions to my collection. The cats are salt and pepper shakers, and came complete with a lot of old pepper. The deer is in fantastic condition. And the mouse, well, he just looks a bit annoyed at the world.


And a pretty oil painting. These normally come in ugly, ugly frames, which I remove staight away. But this frame isn't too bad, so might escape being attacked with pliers.

What did you find this week? 

Linking to Her Library Adventures and Apron Thrift Girl.

4 comments:

karlyn Jackson said...

love the oil painting and that little deer is so sweet.

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Love that deer!

Ordinary Hiker said...

I love the Mouse! I'm always trying to find new kitsch to build up my small collection. After giggling around a thrift shop for an hour, my Fiancee` and I decided to start collecting Bizarro Kitsch. You can check some of it out here:

http://benderoak.blogspot.com/2011/06/cheapgeeknet-what-pear.html

(Found you off Apron Thrift Girl!)

lost property vintage said...

@ Omi S - love the phrase 'Bizarro Kitsch'!